Corporate Wellness Programs: 7 Ways It Works!
here are many different strategies to implement a successful Corporate Wellness Programs. The overall goal is to create a healthy work environment with combined team efforts of both the employer and employees. This not only builds camaraderie of teamwork throughout the office, but it also gives employees a morale boost, leaves them feeling great and rewarded for their efforts. Being fit and healthy not only benefits the employees, but also extends to the families and communities of those involved. Here are 7 ways to implement a Corporate Wellness Program that works!
- Get Fit: Both employers and employees should focus on being healthy and not necessarily on weight loss. Corporate Wellness Programs are designed to help everyone feel better and have energy. If everyone involved is focused on getting fit, building stamina, and being stronger individuals then their new found fitness will prevent injuries, fatigue, as well as keep the moral of the company energetic.
- Follow the Leader: Typically the employees will follow suit with management . If the management buys into the program often times employees will follow. Starting with upper management level employees is a great way to gain more participating members throughout the company as a whole. If management is focused on the overall wellness of their team they will see better results from those individuals and their work performance.
- Onsite Fitness Facilities Are Bonus: Providing the employees and employers with an onsite fitness center means they are never far from the tools necessary to accomplish their goals. Choosing quality corporate fitness equipment with little to no maintenance will keep employees motivated and excited to return for their next workout. Taking a break from the busy day to work off stress and get fit has been proven to give employees a boost of energy.
- Incentives Employees Cannot Refuse: Set goals for the employees with incentives to utilize the corporate fitness facilities, get healthy, and reach individual milestones. In the long run, the employer is rewarded with healthy, engaged employees who have energy and stay focused throughout the day. Incentives could include something as simple as movie tickets, gift card to health food store, lunch time party, or enter a drawing to win something such as a company “Get Fit T-shirt”.
- Key To Motivation: Have employees participate in a monthly newsletter of health tips/tricks they have learned. Often times sharing accomplishments and seeing visual results will be a trickling effect and will be a “win-win” for everyone. Create a bulletin board for all participants to post on that will display new recipes, workout techniques, and milestone accomplishments. Having this bulletin board will create a team atmosphere showing the corporate wellness efforts from everyone
- Health Fair: Perhaps the employer could have health screenings to monitor the successes of each participant. Often insurance providers will conduct a screening or give advice on how to improve results for the next screening. Doing this may also help reduce healthcare cost to company/employees as well as give actual results to those individuals participating. Getting good results will keep everyone motivated.
- Encourage Outside Resources Participation: Invite a healthcare professional speaker to visit for a lunch n’ learn session to provide wellness tips to keep employees engaged in the program as well as educate them on making healthy choices. Another option might be to provide employees with vitamin samples of healthy juice/protein drinks or have a fitness facility expert come in and walk through the fitness equipment to educate employees on proper use and advantages of the equipment. Changing out vending machines to offer healthier snacks would definitely be to the advantage of those participating and those who may not have jumped on the band wagon just yet.
FITREV challenges your corporation to begin a Corporate Wellness Program today. Doing so will improve work output, employee morale, and overall this will create a healthy work environment. With combined team efforts of both the employer and employees, this not only builds camaraderie of teamwork throughout the office, but it also gives employees a moral boost, leaving them feeling great and rewarded for their efforts. Being fit and healthy not only benefits the employees, but also extends to the families and the community. Contact FITREV to help get your Corporate Wellness Program today.